*date could change
13-14 Sep. 2024*
KOM BERLIN is a festival of climbing events for Gravel, MTB and CX bikes at the Arkenberge, raced over a 3,3km mostly-uphill gravel circuit. Each lap nets 85m altitude and is open to cyclists of all ages from amateur to elite.
At KOM there are events of different length, and solo riders can even try a very special 24-hour race, Ultra KOM, and try to complete a full everesting!
We founded KOM Berlin to offer epic cycling experiences without having to release carbon by travelling to distant places. KOM also stands for inclusivity, and riders of every level and background are encouraged to participate.
Witness this spectacle of endless elevation with beer, music and nice people for a guaranteed good time. Bring family and friends and make a weekend out of KOM Berlin – camping from Friday evening until Sunday is allowed!
Ultra Cycling in the City where solo riders can attempt to ride the 8848m of Mt Everest. All riders who complete at least 4424m will be entered in the everesting.cc hall of fame. You have 24 hours to try, and sleeping is not allowed.
A full everesting is 104 laps (343km) and the first to complete it, or whoever does the most laps, will be croened this year’s Ultra KOM champion.
Too much for you? No problem! You can start this challenge any time within the 24 hours and simply see how high you can get. Feldberg? Puig Major? Alpe d’Huez? You decide!
By Team Everesting, teams of 1-4 riders ride simultaneously to be the first to reach the 8.848 meters of Mt. Everest. This is Sudden-Death mode: it’s over when the first team summits. This usually take about 4 hours.
New for 2024: Team apparel gets your team 1 free lap per rider!
Arkenberger Crit is a 1-hour race held after the finish of Team Everesting.
Racers take note: This is the unofficial Berlin Mountain Cycling Championships!
All riders and spectators are welcome to join a “just for fun” race to the top.
This year we will also host a children’s race!
All day long we’ll be watching the track for the Fastest riders and awards some prizes for Fastest Lap!
Campers start arriving
Start ULTRA KOM
20:00 – ???
ein Mal hoch!
Start Arkenberger Crit
End Ultra KOM
End Ultra KOM
20:00 - ???
Sign up for our Newsletter
Food + Drink
As always, there will be good food for fair prices with options for vegans and non-alcoholics.
- The course may only be ridden clockwise. Any u-turns or counterclockwise riding is an immediate disqualification. If you drop something, dismount your bike to retrieve it.
- Each rider must wear a helmet
- Ultra KOM riders must come equipped with bike lights of good quality.
- Bring extra brake pads, you might need them!
- If you have a technical issue and need to return to the start, you must walk the entire remainder of the course in a clockwise direction.
- The approaches to peak 1 and 2 are segments with two-way traffic. The rider riding uphill has the right-of-way.
- To peak 2, the traffic direction changes – ride on the left.
- Control your speed on descents to your current level of expertise.
- Ride only on the marked course – no shortcuts.
- Treat all riders with respect and good sportsmanship, this is a fun event!
This gravel climbing spectacle will once again take place at the Arkenberge, Berlin’s highest point at 121,9 metres. The Arkenberge offers fantastic views of Berlin and the surrounding Brandenburg, with fresh air, nature and plenty of open space. Even more importantly, the Arkenberge is an ideal venue for a legendary cycling event. There is even swimming in the lake, weather permitting.
Strasse nach Arkenberge 82, 13127 Berlin